EAST BAY RESPITE
The East Bay Respite Program provides services to over 225 families and has roughly 110 providers, who mostly provide care in the family home. Services are provided through Alameda and Contra Costa Counties.
Who can receive Respite/Child Care?
Alameda County Resource Parents (foster):
We provide services to two different types of resource parents*:
- Resource family homes caring for any aged child (birth – 18) with an Alameda County dependent child.
- CARI-eligible resource parents caring for drug exposed/medically fragile infants, birth – 5 years of age. Both the caregiver and the child must be eligible to receive services.
*Referral is required by Alameda County Social Services.
Regional Center of the East Bay (RCEB):
- Families who have a child (including adult children) with a developmental disability, who is a consumer of RCEB and resides in Alameda or Contra Costa County.
- To refer, a family or case manager can call/email the Respite Program.
Area Agency on Aging (AAA):
- Full-time relative/fictive kin (people who are unrelated by blood or marriage) caregivers over the age of 55 taking care of kin children who live in Alameda County.
- To refer, a family or kinship case manager can call/email the Respite Program.
Department of Public Health (DPH)
Any HIV+ affected and/or infected families with children from birth to 12 years of age who live in Alameda County.