SAN FRANCISCO FAMILY PRESERVATION PROGRAM
Our Family Preservation Program in San Francisco County offers supportive and educational services to families that are at-risk and are raising children 0-5 years old. Our highly trained staff support families by building on their existing skills and using the SafeCare® model.
What is SafeCare?
- A program for parents with children 0-5 years
- Providers come to the privacy of your home for sessions
- 3 topic areas: Parent-Child Interaction, Home Safety, and Health
What do you learn from SafeCare?
- How to manage challenging behaviors
- Ways to increase positive interactions
- How to make your home more safe
- Health and Child Safety materials are provided
- Referrals to Community Services & Advocacy
Do You Qualify?
You might, if you:
- have a child between 0 and 5 years old
- reside in San Francisco County
- have a case with SF Family Children Services, Family Court, or custody issues
SafeCare® typically takes 18-20 weekly sessions and visits last 1-1.5 hrs. Services are rendered in the privacy of our client’s homes in order to reduce further stress. Families also receive health and home safety supplies, and case management services.
Using SafeCare® has been proven to be an effective tool in improving the parent-child relationship, and maintaining child-safety and well-being, thus keeping families united.
San Francisco SafeCare receives referrals from the Department of Family & Children’s Services (SF), Family Treatment Court (SF), Department of Public Health, community based organizations and self-referral.
To get in contact, email Aysha Franco, at afranco@FSSBA-SF.org.
SafeCare is provided in collaboration with: